A YOB from Halesowen who left police with a £120 clean up bill when he spat in one of their vehicles after threatening to "smash" one officer in the face has avoided jail.

Two officers had to take out their tasers but Jason Lowe told them he would "rip out the barbs with his teeth" after he was arrested for the second time for breaching an order to stay away from his ex-partner.

The 38-year-old returned to the Islington home of Vivienne Harrison in defiance of a restraining order and he became aggressive after hurling abuse in her direction, said Mr Mark Rees prosecuting.

He told Wolverhampton Crown Court the order was issued after the couple separated following incidents of domestic violence.

Lowe, added Mr Rees, threatened to burn down the home of her ex-husband when he committed the first breach but after a confrontation she agreed to have a cup of coffee with him.

But Lowe then lost his self control and he threw the drink over his former partner leaving her with minor burns to the left side of her face.

Mr Rees said he was arrested but he then turned up at Miss Harrison's home for a second time when he had clearly been

drinking heavily or taking drugs.

Lowe, of Clancey Way, admitted using threatening words and behaviour, criminal damage and possessing a small amount of cannabis.

He further admitted two breaches of the restraining order and he was given a seven month jail term suspended for two years

coupled with two years supervision.

Recorder Marcus Tregilgas-Davey also told Lowe he must obey a three month curfew between the hours of 7pm and 7am

and told him it was clear he had made "vile and racist" comments when he was confronted by the police officers.

It was then he became extremely aggressive and his behaviour shocked a pregnant woman who unfortunately happened to be in

the area, he added.

The situation, said the Recorder, had been aggravated by his antecedents because there were no fewer than 89 previous offences

on his criminal record.

Mr Lewis Perry defending told the court it was clear Lowe had drug problems and they were behind the commission of his offending.

He said: "He would definitely benefit from help and assistance."

The Recorder was told that police had to have their vehicle professionally cleaned at a cost of £120 after Lowe started spitting

following his arrest.