Dog dies in Blackheath house fire

First published in News

A TUMBLE dryer has been blamed for a severe blaze at a Blackheath home this afternoon (Sunday) which left a family pet dead.

Fire crews from Cradley Heath, Oldbury and Aston were called out to a house in Meadow Road just before 1pm.

A fierce fire was raging in the understairs cupboard on the ground floor of the semi detached property when firefighters arrived but no occupants were inside.

No-one was hurt but a dog died as a result of the blaze which firefighters say was caused by a tumble dryer in the understairs storage cupboard.

Police also attended the incident.

 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree