A DECISION on whether to allow the controversial building of an equestrian centre on greenbelt land in Hunnington has been delayed.
Bromsgrove District Council planners had hoped the application for a stable block and floodlit ménage in Bromsgrove Road would be considered in April.
But it has been put back to June because officers have not yet heard back from all those who have been consulted over the proposals, which led to 25 letters of objections from nearby residents.
Hunnington Parish Council has also “strongly objected” to the size of the planned equestrian centre, which it believes would be “out of character” in a residential area.
Its objections have been endorsed by Romsley Parish Council.
In the meantime, angry residents have also complained about noise nuisance from diggers already working on the land and mud on the road.
Site owner Richard MacIngtosh also wants permission for earth works, claiming a large pit was uncovered when overgrown grass and bushes were cleared, which he wants to fill with waste.
But objector Clare Harris, of Bromsgrove Road, said residents were angry about the work that was going on there ahead of the application being considered by the planning committee.
Residents have reported the felling of mature trees and weekend work causing noise and nuisance.
Mrs Harris, a mother-of-two, complained to the police and highways department about mud on the road and fears it is “an accident waiting to happen.”
Neighbours have also reported noise nuisance to the police and district council and Mrs Harris said her neighbour’s child could not sleep last Saturday evening because of mechanical digging going on at the site.
A West Mercia spokesman said although the incident had been logged as alleged anti-social behaviour, residents were advised to complain to the council environmental health services.
A district council spokesman said there was no record of complaints, but Mrs Harris said residents were being “passed between pillar and post “.
She added: “We are still chasing responses from the council about complaints made as far back as September 2012.”