Coseley win Dalley Cup

11:20am Wednesday 16th April 2014

COSELEY Tavern won the Dudley and Cradley Heath Sunday League's Dalley Cup with a 3-0 final success over Lloyds.

Coseley opened the scoring when Darryl Smith hit his long-range free kick into the top corner. Despite a number of other chances, they could not add to their lead before the break.

It took until the 68th minute for Coseley to get a second. Damon Rogers hit an unstoppable shot after being played in by Stuart Hillman.

Town then sealed the game on 82 minutes when Ben Scriven's corner was met by the head of Stuart Hillman.

In the Premier Division, Bush Athletic beat Sedgley White Lion 7-3.

Forest Falcons last 2-0 to Hadcroft Rovers in Division One.

In group one of the John Higham Memorial Trophy, Barley Mow Wanderers drew 3-3 with Kewford Eagles Seniors.

Malt Dudley beat Willenhall Three Crowns 6-0 in the Ray Turley Memorial Competition thanks to two goals each for Richard Hill, Wayne Marsh and Asif Ahmed.

Sedgley White Lion beat Dudley Borough United 6-2 in the John Higham Memorial Trophy

In group two, Hadcroft Rovers beat Forest Falcons 4-1.

Falcons played the whole game with 10 men and all the goals came in the first half. Brian Jones opened the scoring for Hadcroft on 10 minutes when he hit a screamer in to the roof of the net. David Chambers doubles Hadcroft's lead before Matthew Chamberlain made it 3-0. Jay Lloyd pulled one back for Falcons but within seconds of the kick off David Chambers scored his second of the match.

The second Half saw Hadcroft bombarding the Falcons goal but they were unable to increase their goal tally as the 10 men stood firm.

Kewford Eagles Seniors came out on top after an 11 goal thriller against King William.

The sides shared a goal each in the first period before an action packed second half that ended with Kewford sealing the win with just minutes to go.

In the Premier Division, Bush Athletic beat Britannia 3-1.

Lee Chilton opened the scoring for Bush before Dan Tipper equalised for Britannia.

Two goals from Dave Brown in the second half secured the points for Bush.

In Division One, Bunch got the better of Barley Mow Wanderers 5-2.

The game got off to a good start from Barley Mow and they deservedly took lead with a defence splitting ball finished by Ollie Monk.

Bunch quickly replied when Jonathan Rann headed in a rebound after a save from the Barley keeper. Just before half time, a defensive error in the box resulted in to a penalty for Barley Mow. John O Keeffe made no mistake from the spot to make it 2-1. Bunch then replied on the stroke of half time when Ben Edwards scored from a free kick on the edge if the box.

The second half saw Bunch very much on top. Marcus Albert soon put them ahead in the 55th minute before a penalty from Marcus Albert made it 4-2 on 60 minutes. Bunch wrapped the game when Craig Hall struck on 75 minutes.


© Copyright 2001-2017 Newsquest Media Group

Halesowen News: Site Logo

Click 2 Find Business Directory