DUDLEY Kingswinford kept up their promotion push with an 11 try hammering of Scunthorpe.

The visitors scored the first points of the game thanks to Karl Clayton’s penalty but were then blown away by some magnificent attacking rugby.

Duncan Chance scored a contender for try of the season as the hosts secured a bonus point inside the first 25 minutes.

And their dominance continued after the break with Stefan Shillingford getting the pick of the six tries scored.

Scunthorpe are one of only three teams to get the better of DK this season and a tough, close game was expected.

But the hosts proceeded to put in one of their best showings of the season to take revenge for October’s defeat on the east coast.

DK may have scored more points in games this season but considering the opposition, this was a very fine performance.

In a great team effort, player-coaches Pete Knight and Jon Higgins really came to the fore. Knight forced numerous turnovers, while Higgins kicked nine conversions from tough positions in a blustery wind.

The Heathbrook crowd would have found no surprise in a bright opening six minutes from the visitors. Clayton had already pulled one penalty attempt wide as early as the second minute, before making amends with a longer but straighter kick in the sixth minute.

But that was as good as it got for the visitors, as DK responded to going behind by scoring two tries in three minutes.

Matt Farrington got the first, collecting a looping Higgins pass which was almost picked off before racing in to score in the corner. Jordan Brookes was then quickly in on the act, finishing after Ian Langford had picked up the pieces following a neat break from Simon Fletcher.

Scunthorpe were struggling to cope and there situation got worse with the sin-binning of Gareth Mist for deliberate offside. Knight rubbed salt in the wounds by scoring try number three soon after.

A two minute passage of play then knocked the stuffing out of the visitors.

Chris Neal looked certain to score and at least give his side a foothold in the game but was brilliantly stripped of the ball just metres from the line by Brookes.

Then came Chance’s brilliant try.

Great passing across the backs led to Fletcher offloading to the winger, who evaded the final defender before racing 60 metres down the touchline to score.

A fifth try arrived from Jon Tideswell within the half-hour, by which point DK had established a 33-3 lead. But there was at least some cheer for the visitors before half-time, as Oli Wood evaded two tacklers to score his side’s only try of the game, Clayton knocking over the conversion.

The opening minutes of the second half were pretty messy but any hopes of Scunthorpe mounting a comeback were extinguished when Luke Greenwood completed a neat catch and drive which restored DK’s 30 point cushion.

Farrington nearly went in for his second but just failed to collect a Higgins pass with the line beckoning. But DK didn’t have to wait much longer for the next try and again it was Greenwood who got it, once more finishing off a catch and drive.

The final 20 minutes brought four more tries as DK made it a rout.

Shillingford and Fletcher showed great hands to send in Farrington, with Brookes also completing a brace following another nice move.

The try of the half went to Shillingford, who touched down after a superb charge down the flank from Farrington and a last gasp pass from Fletcher.

With the game in stoppage time, Stefan Thorp completed the scoring after Langford had raced 40 metres before being taken down close to the line.