11:03am Thursday 22nd May 2014
STOURBRIDGE'S director of rugby Neil Mitchell has signed a new two year deal with the club.
After putting pen to paper, he says he is now more determined than ever to bring promotion success to Stourton Park after being backed by the club's hierarchy.
"I'm really pleased to sign a new deal. It will take me to the 12 year mark, which I'm told is a National League record," he said.
"The people at the club know me and know what to expect of me. This is a club that should be playing National One rugby and I'm determined to make that happen."
Stour suffered promotion heartache for the second year running when missing out on a play-off place on points differential in the last game of the 2013/14 season.
Mitchell added: "It was a difficult end to the season but I am ambitious and know the club can succeed, especially with the great support and sponsorship we have in place."
One key area he is now keen to improve is the development of home-grown players.
"We have a good set up but need to improve the underbelly of the side. We need to try to bring through four or five players each year."
He also confirmed that he wants to add around five new first team additions ahead of the coming season.
"We want to strengthen once again and we will be talking to players in the next few weeks," he said. "We will also be holding talks with our current players. So far most of them have already expressed a desire to stay."
With this in mind, a better deal has also been put in place with Worcester Warriors that will see Stourbridge loaned a number of promising youngsters.
Mitchell has also secured the services of player/coach John Higgins for next season.
© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group