A MAN who deliberately drove his car at a group of people dropping their children off at a Stourbridge school has been warned he is facing a "significant" prison sentence.

Judge Barry Berlin told Kevin Campbell he would not finalise his case until he knew if he posed a real threat of causing further harm to members of the public.

The judge said that at the moment he believed 30-year-old Campbell who left mothers and their children injured when his car mounted the pavement to be "dangerous."

Campbell drove at the people waiting outside Hob Green Primary School because there had been a "falling out" and there was "bad blood" between him and members of the group.

One woman threw a two-year-old child over a garden wall for safety while two men were pinned against a wall and it was purely down to good fortune that the only injuries they all suffered were bumps, cuts and bruises.

The red Ford with Campbell behind the wall then reversed and drove off but he was immediately recognised by two of the angry mothers.

The judge told Campbell they were "grave" offences and anyone who deliberately drove at a group of people had to be considered for an extended sentence.

Speaking at the end of Campbell's trial at Wolverhampton Crown Court, he added:"That to me is sensible and right, I am adjourning the case to allow probation to assess him on the issue of dangerousness. It is plainly necessary."

Campbell, of Vickers Walk, Stourbridge, had denied dangerous driving and seven charges of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm.

The five man seven woman jury retired for just under three hours to consider the evidence before returning their unanimous guilty verdicts on all eight charges.

Campbell, whose previous convictions included battery, possessing a bladed article and assault was remanded in custody until February 13 for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.

Phillip Blunt, defending, told the court that Campbell accepted a "significant custodial sentence was inevitable."

Nigel Stelling, prosecuting, said the group outside the school were standing in close proximity and it was clear they would be hit by the car which was first spotted with two wheel on the pavement and two on the road.

It was then driven at them deliberately and thankfully no-one sustained any serious injury. "There were no broken limbs," he added.

It was a deliberate attempt by Campbell to cause each and everyone of those people serious injury, stressed Mr Stelling.

In his defence Campbell maintained he had not been driving the car at the time and he had been at his mother's home.

"I am not lying to try and wriggle out of my responsibility for what happened that day," he told the jury. "It was not me I had nothing to do with it."