A TUMBLE dryer set on fire at a home in Oldbury today - leading to a warning from firefighters.

The fire broke out at a house on Newbury Lane at 12.50pm today (Wednesday January 13) destroying the kitchen.

A crew from Oldbury fire station attended with four firefighters using breathing apparatus fighting the flames.

Watch commander Jonathan Walker said: "The occupants had got out of the house by the time we arrived.

"The fire took out the whole kitchen at the semi-detached home."

The incident prompted Oldbury fire to put out a tweet warning people not to leave tumble dryers unattended.

They tweeted: "Don't leave appliances unattended – don't turn the tumble dryer on before you leave the house or go to bed.

"Tumble dryers contain powerful motors with fast moving parts that can get very hot. ... Always clean out the filter after using your tumble dryer."