HALESOWEN Town could be just days from entering administration with supporters claiming the 136-year-old club is more than £250,000 in debt.

The Yeltz have also been suspended from football for the second time in three months by the FA for failing to pay football creditors in what has been yet another tumultuous week at the Grove.

Controversial owner Morell Maison (pictured right) is now fighting for his own future with supporters group The Yeltz Trust threatening to take the club into administration without his consent.

The last few months have seen the club stumble from one crisis to the next and the Trust, set up to safeguard the future of the club, now says it has received worrying information on the true extent of the problems.

In January it was revealed the club were more than £15,000 in debt but the Trust now believe the Yeltz owe creditors more than 16 times that figure.

In a statement last Thusday, Trust vice-chairman Gary Willetts said it now had support from of a majority of Yeltz shareholders, enabling it to enforce administration without the consent of Maison or club director Kelly Gentles if necessary.

The statement said: “Unless the club has the means to source a huge capital injection or the club has an alternative plan, it appears on paper to be in a situation where administration is the only viable option.

“If that should happen the Yeltz Trust is committed to working with the administrators to secure breathing space and allow plans to be put in place to ensure the future of football at the Grove for future seasons.”

On Monday the club’s situation worsened when an FA suspension from playing fixtures was enforced after the club failed to meet a deadline to pay creditors – believed to be a former player and two clubs – by midnight last Friday.

Maison, currently serving his own FA ban after being found guilty on charges of violent conduct and failure to provide information, has yet to make a statement on the latest developments but is believed to have spent last week desperately trying to raise funds to get the club ban overturned.

Trust chairman Guy Cooper confirmed it would no longer be supporting Maison as manager.

He said: “We don’t believe that, acting on behalf of supporters, we would have any credibility if we supported Morell as manager.”

Mr Cooper said the Trust were working on the understanding it would take two to three weeks to place the club into administration without the support of the club’s directors. He said it was now a “race against time” to be ready for the start of the new Southern League Premier season on August 15.

He said: “We have received no help from the directors in taking the prudent steps so far and we don’t expect that to change. We still need resolutions to be signed but we think we have a legal process where we can take the club into administration without them. That will take two to three weeks. We believe we have a plan where the club can enter administration and come out the other side but it is a race against time.”

Morell Maison could not be contacted as the News went to press.

== THE FACTS: JANUARY: Angry parents lash out after the club breaks a promise to provide more than 100 junior football kits. Yeltz revealed to be at least £15,000 in debt. FA impose a transfer embargo after contract dispute with defender Tom Bryant.

MARCH: Maison banned from football for 12 months after being found guilty of violent conduct in relation to altercation with striker Dean Brennan after league game at Chippenham. Ban later reduced to three months on appeal.

APRIL: Yeltz briefly suspended from football for failure to pay contracted monies to players and other clubs. Finish 10th in Southern Premier and are docked three points for fielding an ineligible player.

MAY: Barred from next season’s FA Cup and FA Trophy for failing to pay gate receipts to last season’s opponents Maidstone United and Durham City.

JUNE: FA impose registration restriction for failing to pay football creditors, while threat of complete ban also resurfaces.