A STOURPORT man stole four bottles of wine from Morrisons and assaulted his mother.

Darren Anslow, of Sandy Lane, pleaded guilty to stealing four bottles of Shy Pig Blush Wine worth £16 from the Morrisons service station in Stourport on June 17 this year.

Appearing at Kidderminster Magistrates' Court on Wednesday (June 19), the 47-year-old also admitted assaulting his mother Janice Anslow and being verbally abusive to her while drunk on the same day.

The offence breached a criminal behaviour order made by Kidderminster magistrates on September 7 last year.

Anslow was sentenced to 28 days in prison after magistrates said the offences were made more serious by the defendant's criminal record.

He must also pay compensation of £8 for the theft.

Also at Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, a Kidderminster pensioner was banned from driving for six months after he admitted speeding in Wolverhampton Road, where he lives.

David Allen, aged 85, admitted driving a Skoda at a speed exceeding 30 miles per hour on September 27 last year.

He was fined £150 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £30 plus £60 in court costs.

Due to his record of repeat offending, magistrates also disqualified Allen from holding a driving licence for six months.

On June 18, a Kidderminster man appeared before magistrates charged with criminal damage and assault.

Christopher Bogges, of Mason Road, pleaded guilty to causing £100 worth of damage to a kitchen wall belonging to Toni Leigh Damms on January 1 this year.

The 34-year-old also admitted assaulting Ms Damms.

He was ordered to pay compensation totalling £175 and was fined £215 for the assault. Bogges must also pay a victim surcharge of £30 plus £135 to the Crown Prosecution Service.

In a separate case, a Kidderminster man was fined £400 for carrying drugs and assaulting a police officer.

Daniel Hudson, aged 30, of Almond Avenue, pleaded guilty to assaulting PC Hallam in Kidderminster on May 26. He also admitted being found in possession of four bags of cocaine on the same day.

He was fined £200 for each offence and ordered to pay £100 compensation, £30 to victim services and £185 in court costs.