Old Hales continued their winning streak by beating Hereford at home 35 – 10.

Within the first two minutes, the home side attacked Hereford where fly-half Steve Powell kicked the ball through Hereford’s defence for winger Luke Smith to pick up and score in the corner to make the opening score 5-0.

Old Hales continued to attack and penetrated the Hereford defence with flowing moves from forwards and backs.  This ended up with second row Dan Smith crashing over for Old Hales second try, conversion missed to make the score 10 – 0.

Hereford started to get into the game and gained a penalty which they kicked to the corner and from the resulting lineout, they had a driving maul and drove over for their first try, unconverted to make the score 10-5.

The rest of the first half saw the home side dominating and they should have scored more tries but they failed to do until the last couple of minutes when winger Jake Reece-Moore scored the first of his three tries making the half time score 15 – 5.

Second half saw Old Hales dominate and it was inevitable they would continue to score.  With more attacking play, attack coach Tom Jarvis went over to score a try to make the score 20 – 5.

With continued possession, the home side again demonstrated sublime passing between the backs allowing a second try from Reece-Moore.  This was converted by Steve Powell to make the score 27 – 5.

Fair play to Hereford who continued to battle and managed to get another penalty into the corner of Old Hales 22 and scored again from a driving maul which is clearly a strength for them;  Score 27 – 10.

Continued pressure from Old Hales saw another try from Reece-Moore making his hat trick (and a requirement to buy a jug of beer for the boys!)  Well done Jake!

More pressure from Old Hales in front of Hereford’s posts should have resulted in a score but a penalty was awarded to Hereford.  Backchat from Hereford resulted in the penalty being reversed and Steve Powell kicked to make the final score 35 – 10.

This was a very good performance from Old Hales and discipline was much improved.  This bodes well for the next fixture away at Kenilworth on 20th November.

Report submitted by Old Halesonians