DK 35, Moseley Oak 15

DUDLEY Kingswinford secured a bonus point victory against 14-man Moseley at Heathbrook.

DK ran in three tries during a dominant first half that also saw Moseley's Dovi Soqosoqo see red for a poor challenge on lively winger Luke Trevis.

The hosts struggled to find their rhythm until late in the second half as the visitors battled to stay in the contest, but they eventually did enough to wrap up another solid success.

Despite missing key centre Stef Shillingford, it too DK just four minutes to chalk up their first try when Ryan Smitheman finished a move that had started when Nick Adams collected his own chip forward before feeding the support runners to his left. The reliable boot of Sam Vaughan added the extras.

Moseley showed the spirit which would be even more evident in the second period when they hit back just six minutes later.

A stout DK defence did well but was eventually ground down as Alex Coton barged his way over. Gareth Jones landed the conversion to level matters.

However, DK were quickly back on the attack and another neat Adams kick, this time low down the left channel, forced the covering defender to carry out in the corner.

A scrappy line out ball was eventually gathered and fed to Callum Nicholls to break through to score. Again Vaughan landed the conversion.

DK had their third try on the 20th minute mark when Trevis lit up the game with his lightening wing play. He beat three men out on the left, showing good strength as well as speed to ride the final challenge, to put down under the posts.

Vaughan again fired over the extras as the home side's advantage moved to 21-7.

Things got much worse for Moseley on 34 minutes as Soqosoqo saw a chance to leave his mark on Trevis and took it. He halted another burst from the winger but looked to hit with the elbow as the pair fell to the turf.

It was a hit that left Trevis out cold and Moseley down to 14 men when the referee quickly brandished the red.

Trevis was able to walk from the field after a concussion assessment but with his evening cut short.

The second half saw Moseley come out with real purpose as their forwards to a good job at stifling DK's desire to play with the ball in hand.

Soon the contest was a scrappy affair with the home side racking up the foul count.

Repeated infringements saw Matt Squires given 10 minutes on the bench on 56 minutes as Moseley's forwards kept the heat on in the red zone.

They powered over just two minutes later to cut the deficit.

When Jones then landed a penalty just past the hour mark, Moseley were were within a converted score of the lead at 21-15.

DK needed to regroup and a powerful burst from his own half from Connor Jones finally got his side on the front foot.

The all-important bonus point arrived on 69 minutes when Smitheman again completed another attack after the ball was quickly fired out to the exposed left flank. Vaughan again converted to make it 28-15.

Tom Walker got in on the act late on after Nicholls' off-load to further stretch DK's winning margin.

Vaughan once more added the extras to cap an eye-catching display with the boot.

Another solid success for Neil Shillingford's men lifts them up to second place after Bromsgrove's loss at Stourbridge Lions.

DK: Adams, Walker, Vaughan, Smitheman, Trevis, Jones, Brookes, Kelley, Greenwood, Hudson, Nicholls, Perks, Squires, Hawkins, Griffiths.

Replacements: Williams, Ramsey, Kelley.

Moseley: Peate, Richards, Soqosoqo, Cox, Fenshaw, Jones, Byrne, Burgoyne, Coton, Cyster, Low, Homer, Thomas, Naptin, Gerry.

Replacements: Shrive, Jameson.