TIVIDALE took a giant stride towards lifting this season's West Midlands League title after hitting sorry Shifnal Town for six.

Demetri Brown cast aside his recent goal drought by netting twice to take his league tally to 28 this term.

Dead ball specialist Darragh Bustin also bagged a couple of goals to reach 25 for the campaign while Brad Welding and Alex Cameron added their names to the scoresheet as Tivi raced to a 6-0 success.

Victory was made all the more sweeter as closest rivals Haughmond crashed 4-1 at home to fifth placed Malvern Town.

That result means Shrewsbury side Haughmond are now 10 points adrift of Tivi, but with only three games in hand.

Wolves Casuals climb above Haughmond as a result thanks to their 4-0 victory over Smethwick Rangers.

It leaves Casuals trailing Tivi by eight points with both sides having just four games remaining.

Tivi can move a step closer to clinching the title crown this Saturday when they play hosts to Dudley Sports at Packwood Road.

Sports turned the form book upside down this week when they beat Hereford side Wellington 2-0.

That was after Wellington had toppled league leaders Tividale the previous week by a 5-1 margin.

Goals from Jim Hanson and Ronnie Hendricks did the trick as Sports climb to sixth from bottom.

Dudley Town maintained their discipline by claiming a 3-2 win over a Hereford Lads side who were reduced to nine men.

James Bland had already vollied the Robins in front before the Lads landed a first red card.

Bland bagged a second goal after the break with a looping header before Sam Prince netted a third at the far post.

Wellington were then restricted to nine players, but still pulled a couple of goals back but couldn't prevent the Robins reaching 10th place.

Cradley Town are camped right behind the Robins after sharing a 2-2 draw with Pershore Town.

Third from bottom Pershore pounced to take the lead when Matt Pinder beat Cradley's offside trap and crossed for James Baldwin to score past Blues Aacedemy goalkeeper Lewis Landers.

Sam Clarke made it 2-0 to Pershore who had the weather elements in their favour for the first 45 minutes.

Cradley began to take charge after the break and pulled a goal back when Joe Hawkins headed home Ryan Wood's free kick.

Sam Woodhouse then crowned his debut following a move from Dudley Sports to level on 68 minutes after Dan Bell had carved out the initial opening.

Cradley Town entertain fourth placed Wednesfield this Saturday while Dudley Town take on Wellington at Sporting Khalsa.

Bewdley Town play hosts to Black Country Rangers after both sides were without a fixture at the weekend.